Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM) ScholarshipStudent Scholarship in Agricultural Safety and Rural Health
In 1995, the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (S.A.R.M.) auctioned off the first copy of their history book, "The Building of a Province: Commemorating the 90th Anniversary of the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities." This auction netted the sum of $2,600 which the S.A.R.M. Board of Directors contributed to the Centre for Agricultural Medicine. These funds initiated the "Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities 90th Anniversary $1,000 Student Scholarship in Agricultural Safety and Rural Health." The CCHSA's Founding Chairs Program maintains the scholarship. In 2013-2014 school year we started offering two $1500 Student Scholarships.
Scholarship Past Winners:
2022 - 2023 SARM Scholarship Awardees
Kira Wignes of Viscount
RM of Viscount No. 341
Caleb Reeve of Wynyard
RM of Big Quill No. 308
2023 - 2024 Scholarship Application GuidelinesAre you...
- enrolled in grade 12 for the 2023-2024 school year?
- planning on studying at a Saskatchewan post secondary school in the fall of 2024? You can be studying outside of Saskatchewan if the course you're enrolling in is not offered in Saskatchewan.
- completed the last two years of high school in Saskatchewan?
- have a farming background?
- have parents or guardians who own/rent land and pay taxes to a rural municipality?
- live in a rural area?
- Complete the fillable PDF application form; when completed "save as" - Insert your name;
- Write a 1,000 word essay on one of the topics below (MS Word) and, also save it under your name;
- Send attachments: (1) application form; and (2) essay by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For other inquiries please call Shelly: 306-966-6644
The topics for the scholarship contest in 2023-2024 are: (NO OTHER TOPICS WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- The Importance of Safety and Health on Our Farm
- Safety and Health Hazards on Our Farm
"NEW" - Send your application and essay by email.
The completed application form (PDF) and essay must be sent by email as an attachment to (Sueli.email@example.com) on or before JANUARY 16, 2024 by midnight (CST). NO GOOGLE TRANSFERS.
- PDF of application form (Your name must be the name of the file)
- MSWord Essay file (Your name must be the name of the file)
(1) Must be typed on 8.5" x 11" page size; (2) Double space and leave 1" margins; (3) Do not place your name on it; (4) The essay should be approximately 1,000 words.
- The essay should be based on your family’s farming experiences rather than a research-based paper.
- The essay submitted should be (a) clearly written in acceptable scholarly English, (b) and should be free of errors in spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- The essay will be judged according to (a) content (80%) and (b) correct writing style (20%)