Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (SARM) ScholarshipStudent Scholarship in Agricultural Safety and Rural Health
In 1995, the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities (S.A.R.M.) auctioned off the first copy of their history book, "The Building of a Province: Commemorating the 90th Anniversary of the Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities." This auction netted the sum of $2,600 which the S.A.R.M. Board of Directors contributed to the Centre for Agricultural Medicine. These funds initiated the "Saskatchewan Association of Rural Municipalities 90th Anniversary $1,000 Student Scholarship in Agricultural Safety and Rural Health." The CCHSA's Founding Chairs Program maintains the scholarship. In 2013-2014 school year we started offering two $1500 Student Scholarships.
2017 - 2018 SARM Scholarship Awardees
Cassidy McMunn, RM #428
Natasha Iluk, RM #125
2018 Scholarship Application GuidelinesAre you...
- enrolled in grade 12 for the 2018-2019 school year?
- planning on studying at a Saskatchewan post secondary school in the fall of 2018? You can be studying outside of Saskatchewan if the course you're enrolling in is not offered in Saskatchewan.
- completed the last two years of high school in Saskatchewan?
- have a farming background?
- have parents or guardians who own/rent land and pay taxes to a rural municipality?
- live in a rural area?
- Download and complete an application form;
- Write a 1,000 word essay on one of the topics below;
- Send both items to:
Sueli de Freitas, Public Relations Coordinator
University of Saskatchewan
104 Clinic Place, PO Box 23
Saskatoon, SK S7N 2Z4
The topics for the scholarship contest in 2018-2019 are:
- The Importance of Safety and Health on Our Farm
- Safety and Health Hazards on Our Farm
Write on the topics above.
The completed application form and essay must be sent on or before December 14, 2018.