- Associate Professor, College of Nursing
- Tenure position in the College of Nursing
- Member of Graduate Studies and Research
- PhD University of Saskatchewan
- Masters University of Saskatchewan
- Under Grad University of Manitoba
Professional Roles :
Certified asthma educator (2012)
Areas of Interest:
- Rural nursing
- Respiratory disease in adults
Specific Research Related to the Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture
- Endotoxin and the Lung funded by CIHR Dr. J Dosman, Designated principal Investigator (2003-2009).
- Health Care Utilization of Lung Cancer and COPD Patients in the Last 12 Months of Life: Saskatchewan Health Database, $7,000, Internal funding from the College of Medicine. D. Goodridge, Principal investigator (2005-2007)
- Goodridge, D (2005-2007). Quality of End-of-Life Care: The perspectives of bereaved family members of lung cancer and COPD patients, Health care providers and policy makers in rural and urban areas. Saskatchewan Health Research Foundation (New investigator award) D. Goodridge Principal investigator (2005-2007).
- Case Control Study of Asthma in Children- Principal investigator Interuterine inflammatory Dr. A. Rosenberg-Designated principal investigator
- Chen, Y., Rennie, D., Cormier, Y., & Dosman, J. Reduced risk of atopic sensitization among farmers: The Humboldt Study. International Archives of Allergy and Immunology. Accepted April, 2007. 17pp
- Chen, Y., Rennie, D., Cormier, Y., & Dosman, J. (2007). Waist circumference is associated with pulmonary function in normal-weight, overweight, and obese subjects. American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 85, 35-9.
- Chen, Y., Rennie, D., Cormier, Y., & Dosman, J. (2005). Sex specificity of asthma associated with objectively measured body mass index and waist circumference: The Humboldt study. Chest, 128, 3048-54.
- Rennie, D.C., Chen, Y., Lawson, J., & Dosman, J. (2005). Differential damp housing on respiratory health in women. Journal of the American Medical Women’s Association, 60, (1), 46-51.
- Senthilselvan A., Lawson J.A., Rennie D.C., & Dosman J. A. (2005). Regular use of corticosteroids and low use of short-acting B2-agonists can reduce asthma hospitalization. Chest, 127(4), 1242-51.
- Lawson, J.A., Rennie, D., Senthilselvan, A., Cockcroft, D., & McDuffie, H. (2005). Regional variation in risk factors for asthma in school children. Canadian Respiratory Journal. 12(6), 321-326.
- Chen, Y., Rennie, D., Dosman, J. (2005) Gender, environmental tobacco smoke and pulmonary function in rural children and adolescents. Journal of Agricultural Safety and Health, 11(2), 167-17
Other Skills and Interests:
- Certified asthma educator (CAE) 2012