|2007||Ph.D., Statistics||University of Saskatchewan, Saskatoon, Canada|
|2002||M.Sc., Biostatistics||Center for Statistics, Limburgs Universitair Centrum, University of Hasselt, Belgium|
|2001||M.Sc., Applied statistics||Center for Statistics, Limburgs Universitair Centrum, University of Hasselt, Belgium|
|2000||M.Sc., Applied statistics||Postgraduate Institute of Science, University of Peradeniya, Sri Lanka|
|1997||B.Sc., Statistics,||University of Colombo, Sri Lanka|
Professional Roles & Training
- Graduate Student Committee (2010-2016).
- Data and Safety Monitoring Board-CIHR Grant (2011-2016)- “Teens Taking Charge: An Internet-based Self-management Program for Adolescents with Arthritis: A Randomized Controlled Trial. PI: Dr. Jennifer Stinson, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto.
- Accreditation Committee-Statistical Society of Canada (2012-2015).
Areas of Interest
- Multivariate Poisson Hidden Markov Models/Multivariate Data analysis
- Applied Linear Models
- Hidden Markov Models
- Statistical Modeling of Longitudinal Data
- Missing Observations in Longitudinal Studies
Research Grants: Co-applicant/ Collaborator
i. Collaborator for the grant application “CIHR Team in Linking Exercise, Physical Activity and Pathophysiology in Childhood Arthritis: A Canadian Collaborative Team (LEAP)” CIHR Grant No: # 217534. Principal Investigator: Dr. Ciarán Duffy. 2010-2015. $2,500,000
ii. Collaborator for the grant “Saskatchewan Rural Health Study”, CIHR grant- Principal Investigators: Drs. JA Dosman, P Pahwa, J. Gordon. 2010-2016. $1,693,779
iii. Co-applicant for the grant “Vitamin D Deficiency in Saskatchewan Children: Factors Influencing Occurrence and Response to Therapy”, Children’s Hospital Foundation of Saskatchewan- Principal Investigator: Dr. Alan Rosenberg. 2010-2012. $140,000
iv. Co-applicant for the grant “Assess, Redress, Re-assess: Addressing Disparities in Respiratory Health among First Nations People”, CIHR grant- Principal Investigators: Drs. JA Dosman, P Pahwa, S Abonyi, and J Episkenew. 2012-2017. $1,592,521
v. Co-applicant for the grant “The Nature of Nursing Practice in Rural and Remote Canada II”, Health Canada Grant (Health care policy contribution program)- Principal Investigators: Drs. Martha L. Macleod, Judith C Kulig Norma J. Stewart and Roger Pitblado. 2012-2014. $496,000
vi. Co-applicant for the grant “Nursing Practice in Rural and Remote Canada II”, CIHR grant- Principal Investigators: Drs. Martha L. Macleod, Judith C Kulig and Norma J. Stewart. 2013-2016. $611,966
vii. Co-investigator for the grant “An International Research Initiative to Reduce Indoor Biomass Fuel Exposure and Enhance Respiratory Health in Rural India”, Indo-Canadian Shastri Institute. SHASTRI PARTNERSHIP SEED GRANT (SPSG) 2014-15. Principal investigator: Punam Pahwa.From 2014-10-01 to 2015-03-15. $5000.
viii. Co-investigator for the grant “An International Research Initiative to Reduce Biomass Fuel Exposure and Enhance Respiratory Health in Rural India”, Office of the Vice-President Research, U of S. Research Acceleration Program (RAP). Principal investigator: Bonnie Janzen. From 2014-04 to 2015-01. $7000.
Specific Research Related to the Canadian Centre for Health and Safety in Agriculture
|Project 1:||Mental health of NPHS participants who reported respiratory diseases, Mental health of rural seniors, Mental health of immigrant women.|
|Project 2:||SKY RDC Project: Title- Investigation of Longitudinal Patterns of Changes in Mental Health of Immigrant Women: Comparison of Missing Data Approaches in Longitudinal Data Analysis. 2008-2010.|
|Project 3:||Cross-Canada Study of Pesticides and Health, Ethnicity, Occupations and Cancer (Soft tissue Sarcoma, Hodgkin’s Disease, Non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, Multiple Myeloma)|
|Project 5:||(i) Care of Rural Elderly with Dementia in Special Care Units vs. Integrated Facilities and
(ii) Strategies to Improve the Care of Persons with Dementia in Rural and Remote Areas- Member of NET Data Team.
|Project 6:||A comprehensive longitudinal epidemiological study of childhood rheumatic diseases in Saskatchewan.|
|Project 7:||Endotoxin and Lung: The Humboldt Study|
|Project 8:||Lower Respiratory Infection and its Association with Vitamin D Insufficiency in Saskatchewan Children.|
|Project 9:||Saskatchewan Rural Health Study-Team Member|
|Project 10:||First Nations Lung Health Study- Co-investigator|
Other Skills and Interests
Chandima has the experience and sound knowledge to work on the following software packages:
- Statistical Packages:
- SAS, SPSS, MINITAB, EPI-INFO, S-PLUS, R, STATA
- MICROSOFT EXCEL, MS WORD, POWER POINT.
- Workshop on Introduction to ArcGIS conducted by Information Technology Services, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Summer Institute in Statistical Genetics, conducted by Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, USA.
- Workshop on Applied Statistical Genetics for Population-Based Association Studies, Joint Statistical Meetings, Washington, DC, USA.
- Workshop on Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) using LISREL, University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- Workshop on Missing and Incomplete Data, O’Brien Institute for Public Health, University of Calgary, Canada
- Workshop on Joint Modelling and Beyond-Meeting and tutorials on joint modelling with survival, longitudinal and missing data, Universiteit Hasselt, Diepenbeek, Belgium.